Pujiono Centre is a not-for-profit knowledge organization established by Indonesian disasterA�management practitioners as new modalities, institutional arrangements, and a platform forA�acquiring, sharing, and disseminating knowledge on disaster and climate change to support evidence-A�based policy making in disaster management and climate change adaptation.
Pujiono Centre embodies the ambition to promote evidence-based policy making in disaster and climate risk reduction A�through provision of credible information for disaster policy making through highA�quality knowledge management.
Pujiono Centre is a self-sustaining knowledge enterprise which supports the needs for sustainable development by pooling, lending, and brokering disaster assessment and climate change adaptation skills,A�expertise, knowledge and services through a collaborative network of scholars, practitioners,A�partners and stakeholders.
Pujiono Centrea��s mission is to proactively build effective multi-disciplinary and inter-sectoralA�knowledge sector of disaster management and climate change adaptation by expanding the capacities of A�practitioners and learners with innovations, methodologies, tools and services.
The primary objective of Pujiono Centre is to enable the government, CSO, and developmentA�partners to make the most effective policy making, planning and implementation for disaster and climate risk reduction.
- To supply knowledge and continuous learning on disaster and climate risk reduction
- To develop capacities of government and CSO at all levels to plan, manage and improveA�the quality of disaster and climate risk reduction
- To support high quality monitoring and evaluation of disaster and climate risk reduction
- To promote evidence-based policy making through partnership with other knowledgeA�organizations and policy makers.
ROLES IN DISASTER AND CLIMATE RISK REDUCTION
- Supply knowledge on disaster and climate risk reduction
- Facilitate the dialogue between knowledge actors and policy makers, and
- Provide technical assistance on policy, capacity building, programming, monitoring and evaluation.
- A platform for sharing and publication of global research, experience and expertise inA�disaster and climate risk reduction
- A stimulating arena for high quality debate on solution exchange in disaster and climate risk reduction
- A pool of technical resources for evidence gathering and program development aroundA�the themes of disaster and climate risk reduction
- A meeting place of potential beneficiaries, practitioners and donor programs